IT & Systems Support Engineer – UK
Impero are recruiting for an IT & Systems Support Engineer to work within their IT team. You will be responsible for the 1st/ 2nd line support for all internal IT & Systems that internal employees use on a daily basis. You will take ownership of all IT issue and be responsible for the IT Helpdesk, prioritising tickets and resolving them to meet internal SLAs or escalating to the correct teams. Delivering excellent customer service is vital in this role and the right candidate will be able to demonstrate their skills in this area.
The suitable candidate will have a professional attitude with a desire to achieve, have a passion for IT and somebody who can hit the ground running.
Role Responsibilities –
- Provide 1st / 2nd line support to the business and its global employees.
- Management of the IT Helpdesk making sure tickets are resolved to SLAs, generating weekly updates/reports to the IT Manager.
- Assist the IT & Systems Infrastructure Engineer with both remedial and proactive technical infrastructure tasks across both on premise and cloud systems.
- Assist the IT & Systems Infrastructure Engineer with project delivery, implementations and the transition to cloud using a “cloud right” strategy.
- Provide ongoing analysis of the IT and technology market, existing and upcoming trends, cloud offerings and their suitability for the business.
- Setup, documentation and training for new employees around IT based Systems.
Apply for this role
- Experience using Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, ChromeOS and Linux OS’
- Experience of supporting and some hands-on technical abilities across both on prem and cloud infrastructure (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) including but not limited to: Office365, SharePoint Online, MS Dynamics (B.C., CRM), MDM, AD, GP, IP, DNS, VLANs, switching, routing, firewalls, servers, SAN/NAS, VMware/Hyper-V, VPN/DA.
- Able to use initiative and think on their feet when the issues and potential solutions aren’t known or clearly defined
- Translate business requirements into solutions and deliverables.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a 1st / 2nd line IT Support role.
- Minimum of 1 year’s project delivery experience.
- Clear communicator at all levels with the ability to relay information to both technical and non-technical employees accordingly.
- Ability to resolve issues under pressure, an efficient problem solver who can find a solution not just a temporary workaround.
- Understanding of security principles, best practise and mitigating risk
This role is a remote working Role on a Full Time Permanent Basis. You will need to be within commutable distance from our office in Ruddington therefor own transport is essential.
*** NO AGENCIES ***