Database Administrator (Cloud Hosted) – UK
The Database Administrator role will be a key member of the Engineering team, and take overall responsibility for management and scaling of the various DB solutions which our products lean on. The role will work alongside our infrastructure, application and data teams to ensure the product is scalable, reliable and fit for purpose.
Role Responsibilities –
- Work within a cross-functional software team (consisting of Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers and testers) to design and maintain data storage solutions.
- A strong background in MySQL Admin, with preference towards MariaDB.
- Monitor performance and manage server parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Encourage, guide and enforce DB server management and security best practices.
- Proactively monitor key services and work with application/device engineers to avoid expected problems.
- Assist the engineering team to improve security, quality and scale of our products.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Worked with development teams to hunt down and mitigate inefficient queries.
Apply for this role
Required skills, experience, qualifications:
- Experienced DBA with MariaDB/MySQL
- A strong standard of spoken and written English
- Enthusiasm for understanding technical ideas and explaining them clearly to colleagues
- Understanding of the deployment, scaling and security of data storage solutions
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience of Vitess or Galera.
- Can demonstrate an ability to carry out and execute forward thinking capacity planning
- Experience of working in an agile team, ideally with a distributed workforce
- Debugging distributed systems
- Understands “Perfect is the enemy of done”.
- At least 2 years of commercial experience (or equivalent) in working in a DBA role
- Experience using managed database solutions on public cloud (Azure/AWS)
This is a full time permanent role and will be remote working– however, you will need to be based in the UK for this position.
*** NO AGENCIES ***