IT Support and Infrastructure Engineer
Impero are recruiting for an IT Support and Infrastructure Engineer to work within their IT team. You will be responsible for the installation, on-boarding along with diagnosis and resolution of 2nd line service for internal employees. You will be required to prioritise queries effectively, quickly resolving them or escalating to the correct teams. Project management and IT Analysis are vital to the success of the business and the right candidate will be able to demonstrate their skills in this area.
The suitable candidate will have a professional attitude with a desire to achieve, passion for IT and somebody who can hit the ground running.
Role Responsibilities –
- Assist the IT manager with both remedial and proactive technical infrastructure tasks across both on premise and cloud systems.
- Assist the IT manager with project delivery, implementations and the transition to cloud using a “cloud right” strategy.
- Provide 2nd line escalated support to the business and its employees.
- Provide ongoing analysis of the IT and technology market, existing and upcoming trends, cloud offerings and their suitability for the business.
- Setup and training of new systems and processes.
- Possess a strong hands-on technical ability across both on prem and cloud infrastructure (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) including but not limited to: AD, GP, IP, DNS, VLANs, switching, routing, firewalls, servers, SAN/NAS, VMware/HyperV, VPN/DA.
- Able to use initiative and think on their feet when the issues and potential solutions aren’t known or clearly defined
- Clear communicator at all levels with the ability to relay information to both technical and non-technical employees accordingly.
- Ability to resolve issues under pressure, an efficient problem solver who can find a solution not just a temporary workaround.
- Understand and follow defined processes and instructions.
- Strong understanding of security principles, best practise and mitigating risk
- Experience using Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, ChromeOS and Linux OS’
- Translate business requirements into solutions and deliverables.
- Minimum 5 years working in a 2nd line or equivalent role.
- Minimum 2 years project implementation experience
This role is a remote working Role on a Full Time Permanent Basis. The suitable candidate must be able to commute to our office in Ruddington, Nottingham on a daily basis as required.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***