Senior Software Engineer (Web)
The successful candidate will take responsibility for working as a Senior Software Engineer – primarily focused on backend services and feature delivery - within an agile team to develop the company’s web-based applications in Ruby on Rails.
Role Responsibilities -
- Take responsibility for the quality and speed of your own work.
- Perform automated and manual testing on your own work.
- Assist other members of the engineering team where required.
Apply for this role
Required skills / experience
- Experience of working in a distributed workforce in an agile development team.
- At least 5 years of commercial experience (or equivalent) in web application development spanning multiple projects.
- At least 4 years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- At least 4 years of experience of working with relational databases (ideally MySQL/PostgreSQL).
- At least 4 years of experience of using distributed source control management.
- At least 4 years of experience in writing automated tests.
- Understanding of programming, networking and information security principles.
- Enthusiasm for understanding technical ideas and explaining them clearly to other members of the team.
- A strong standard of spoken and written English.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience in writing tests using RSpec and Cucumber.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Azure Functions/AWS Lambda
This role is on a Full Time Permanent Basis
This is a remote working role however you will need to be based in the UK to undertake this position.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***