Senior Software Engineer (Web)
The successful candidate will take responsibility for working as a Senior Software Engineer – primarily focused on backend services and feature delivery – within an agile team to develop the company’s web-based applications in Ruby as well as the cloud-based services that the web applications communicate with.
Role Responsibilities –
- Work to build and maintain services in the cloud, (AWS, Azure).
- Take responsibility for the quality and speed of your own work.
- Perform automated and manual testing on your own work.
- Assist other members of the engineering team where required.
- Mentor other members of the engineering team to become better engineers.
- Experience of working in a distributed workforce in an agile development team.
- At least 4 years of commercial experience (or equivalent) in web application development spanning multiple projects.
- At least 4 years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- At least 4 years of experience of working with relational databases (ideally MySQL/PostgreSQL).
- Experience in writing unit tests using RSpec and Cucumber.
- Enthusiasm for understanding technical ideas and explaining them clearly to other members of the team.
- A strong standard of spoken and written English.
- At least 2 years of experience working with AWS or Azure
- Experience with data analysis.
- Experience of working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Worked previously in a remote working environment.
- Worked previously with people in different time zones.
This is a Full Time Permanent role.
*** No Agencies ***