Impero releases new product for mobile device monitoring and management
5th May 2017
Mobile devices are transforming US education. These ever-popular electronic tools are being used to promote and improve learner engagement across the nation’s school districts, fueling the rise of BYOD and 1:1 programs. As schools and districts continue to implement these schemes to enhance digital learning, a number of issues arise: from protecting students using these devices for learning online, to general mobile device monitoring and management.
Today we’re proud to announce the official launch of our new mobile device management (MDM) solution, Impero EdLink. Originally previewed back in January, our mobile device monitoring software has been developed in response to the specific digital demands of the education environment. Designed to support BYOD and 1:1 initiatives while simplifying the centralized configuration and management of devices, we’re proud to offer Impero EdLink as a solution to schools’ mobile device monitoring and management needs.
how Impero EdLink supports MDM and mobile device monitoring
- Impero EdLink supports BYOD and 1:1 initiatives by enabling school IT teams to manage both school-owned and personal devices used in school, with access and configuration allowed by the school network.
- Centralizing the configuration and management of mobile devices, with zero-touch deployment, simplifies mobile device management to make devices simpler to set up, control, and update – even across different platforms.
- Applying location profiles to devices as they enter or leave the school campus, a school building, or even a class within a building, enables schools to track device location.
- The ability to control access to applications and online content, across both school-owned and student-owned devices in school, protects students from the risks of learning online.
- Reliable mobile device monitoring and management across the school site, along with access to real-time updates on the status of mobile devices, helps to enhance mobile learning.
a device agnostic solution
A device agnostic solution, Impero EdLink is compatible with iOS, ChromeOS and Android to enable schools and districts to manage a broad and varied range of mobile devices effectively.
using Impero EdLink at home
Parents of students who attend a school using Impero EdLink also have the option to monitor and control their child’s mobile device activity at home. This applies to whether their child is using a school device (such as one borrowed for a specific project) or a personal device at home. Impero EdLink can enable parents to track and monitor online activity while providing a safe and secure browsing environment at home.
Find out more about how Impero EdLink can support mdm and mobile device monitoring in our short demo video. Why not also visit this section of our website for more information or to download a brochure?