Software Engineer – Web
Impero are recruiting for a successful candidate to take responsibility for working as a software engineer – primarily focused on backend services and feature delivery – within an agile team to develop the company’s web-based applications in Ruby.
• Take responsibility for the quality and speed of your own work.
• Perform automated and manual testing on your own work.
• Assist other members of the engineering team where required.
• Experience of working in a distributed workforce in an agile development team.
• At least 2 years of commercial experience (or equivalent) in web application development spanning multiple projects.
• At least 2 years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
• At least 2 years of experience of working with relational databases (ideally MySQL/PostgreSQL).
• At least 2 years of experience of using distributed source control management.
• At least 2 years of experience in writing automated tests.
• Understanding of programming, networking and information security principles.
• Enthusiasm for understanding technical ideas and explaining them clearly to other members of the team.
• A strong standard of spoken and written English.
• Experience in writing tests using RSpec and Cucumber.
• Experience with data analysis.
This role is on a Full Time Permanent Basis
You will need to be based in the UK or Romania for this role although will be remote working.
*** NO AGENCIES ***