Want to join a friendly, talented team who invest in people, their skills, the working environment and have recently been voted as an Outstanding company to work for by its employees?
We can offer you the technical challenges, high standards and opportunity to make a difference to our product that you would expect from a leading EdTech company.
Successful candidates will take responsibility for working within an Agile team, maintaining and developing new features for the company’s flagship product. We have an exciting roadmap ahead as we look towards continuous delivery and a transition to the cloud.
- Work within a team of software developers and members of QA to deliver value as part of an Agile development process
- Implement new product features using C# and C++ in a multi-platform environment (Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Chrome OS)
- Contribute to increased code quality, reduction of technical debt and automated testing
- Work to agreed schedules and timescales for product delivery
- 1+ years commercial experience (or equivalent) of C++ or .NET software development
- Strong Software Design and Debugging Skills (OOP / OOD)
- Ability to work as part of an Agile development team, participating in daily stand-ups, end of sprint demonstrations and retrospectives
- Ability to communicate and understand complex ideas and participate in design discussions
- Ability to understand and contribute new code to an existing codebase
We work with lots of different technology, but we don’t expect you to know it all already. Skills in 1 or more of the following would definitely be an advantage:
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Source control with Subversion or Git
- Cross Platform Development
- Secure programming
- Windows Azure or other Cloud Technologies
- Windows or Apple OSX APIs
- Apple iOS or Android Development
- ASP.NET MVC or equivalent web framework
- Objective-C or Swift
- Qt Framework