Sales Business Development Manager – USA
Impero + Netop builds market-leading software focused on offering our Customers the most secure way for remotely accessing and supporting their Corporate and Educational devices, across platforms and locations. Used by half of the Fortune 100, our secure remote access and live chat solutions help businesses troubleshot, assist and remotely maintain all end-devices, efficient and securely.
The role of the Sales & Business Development Manager is to manage a sales team within their geographic area and drive the sales and growth of new business predominately through sales to the Education sector but also by generating revenue from other relevant verticals.
Reporting to the Head of New Business, you will be expected to create a sales and development plan that uses your knowledge and skills to maximise sales opportunities in your geographic region. You will be supported by the wider sales team assist you with the achievement of this plan and rewards for success will be based on new business sales that are achieved directly and through a growing array of resale partners.
In addition to the development of our reseller channel, the Sales & Business Development Manager will also be expected to exploit new strategic relationships as well as increasing revenue generation through existing partners.
The ultimate purpose of the role is to build pipeline, close sales and help drive team success throughout existing markets as well as opening new opportunities in related markets such as re looking for a Sales Manager to build up our business activities in new markets e.g. sports, Libraries, Prison services, Health services.
Sales Management –
- Manage and develop a sales teams,
- Drive performance to meet and exceed targets.
- Ensure team follow sales process and that KPI’s are adhered to
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for the Head of New Business as required
- Provide early indication of risk to the budget numbers and as well as recommendations on necessary actions to mitigate any shortfall
- Working with the Head of New Business to prepare annual sales budgets and individual sales targets for the team.
Business Development –
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through a combination of methods, including networking, trade shows, social media and direct contact (phone or otherwise).
- Create a business plan that articulates the methodology behind revenue growth, as well as market share growth.
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections, following defined escalation processes.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance
- Cultivate and build relationships within new and existing verticals at a strategic level
- Identifying complimentary avenues to expand business footprint across education and beyond
- Attendance at events, exhibitions and trade shows where relevant
- Set up meetings with potential clients, positioning new products and services
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services
- Manage preparation of tenders and bid documents
- Collaborate, and share best practice with team members across the Company
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams i.e. product and marketing
Market and Competitor Information –
- Understand current sources of market and competitor information
- Identify sources of information on the market(s) in which the business operates
- Identify sources of information, competitors and potential partners
- Create a system of regular market and competitor developments
- Selling the product portfolio by establishing contact and developing relationships with channel partners
- In line with Partnership Management team, implement strategic new channel partnerships where appropriate
- Create a clear and coherent strategy for maximising sales through various levels of channel partners
- Clear and demonstrable track record of achieving and exceeding targeted sales
- Ability to run with new concepts and opportunities
- Experience of managing complex bid processes
- Clear commercial and entrepreneurial aptitude
- Ability to travel
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a similar or relevant role
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Ability to learn about products and demonstrate to clients
- Knowledge of educational and public sector markets (Desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Both transactional and consultative sales skills, and a proactive approach is essential for this role.
- Hands-on experience with CRM software
- French and / or Spanish language skills desirable
This is a Full Time, Permanent role. You will need to be based in the USA and will be covering the USA Market.
*** Strictly No Agencies ***