School safeguarding during the pandemic and beyond: A virtual roundtable – DOWNLOAD IT HERE
At Impero, we know that effective teaching relies on effective school safeguarding. But with schools physically closing during the Coronavirus pandemic, safeguarding in schools has had to drastically change. We recently conducted research with teachers across the UK and found that most are more concerned about the safeguarding and protection of children (40 percent) than attainment (30 percent) during lockdown.
That’s why we hosted a virtual roundtable to discuss safeguarding issues during the COVID-19 lockdown, the role that teachers play in safeguarding and what needs to be considered as students return to school, with some of the country’s leading child protection experts:
- Chief Constable Simon Bailey, The National Police Chiefs’ Council lead for child protection and chief constable of Norfolk police.
- Claude Knights, Independent Consultant on Family and Child protection issues.
- Ceri Stokes, Assistant Head and Designated Safeguarding Lead at Kimbolton School.
- Charlotte Aynsley, former Head of Safeguarding at Becta, e-safety consultant and safeguarding advisor at Impero.
- Justin Reilly, CEO, Impero.
The conversation was moderated by broadcast journalist, news anchor, reporter and business presenter Sarah Lockett.
The roundtable is available to watch now, for free, by signing up.