Software Engineer (Web)
Role: The successful candidate will take responsibility for working as a software engineer within an agile team to develop the company’s web-based applications in Ruby on Rails.
- Take responsibility for the quality and speed of your own deliverables.
- Perform automated and manual testing on your own work.
- Assist other members of the engineering team where required.
- Experience of working in a distributed workforce in an agile development team.
- At least 3 years of commercial experience (or equivalent) in web application development.
- At least 1 year of experience of working with relational databases.
- At least 1 year of experience of using distributed source control management.
- At least 1 year of experience in writing automated tests.
- Understanding of programming, networking and information security principles.
- Enthusiasm for understanding technical ideas and explaining them clearly to other members of the team.
- A strong standard of spoken and written English.
- Web application development experience spanning multiple projects.
- Experience in writing tests using RSpec and Cucumber.
- Experience working with and on Linux/Unix operating systems.