If you want to develop world-class cloud based software products for a global market then this job could be what you are looking for.
Beyond specific experience, we are first and foremost looking for exceptional engineers who can demonstrate strong engineering principles.
We pay relative to your abilities and if accepted you should expect £45-55K in this role. Additionally Impero was recognised in the Sunday Times as part of their “Best Companies to Work For” Report last year.
We can offer you the technical challenges, high standards and opportunity to make a difference to our product. We have an exciting roadmap ahead and you can be part of that journey as we look towards continuous delivery, DevOps and a transition to the cloud.
Successful candidates will take responsibility for working within an Agile team, maintaining and developing new features for the company’s flagship product.
- Work within a team of software developers and members of QA to deliver value as part of an Agile development process
- Implement new product features using C# and C++ in a multi-platform environment (Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Chrome OS)
- Contribute to increased code quality, reduction of technical debt and automated testing
- Work to agreed schedules and timescales for product delivery
- 5+ years commercial experience (or equivalent) .NET software development (any language)
- Strong Software Design and Debugging Skills (OOP / OOD)
- Ability to work as part of an Agile development team, participating in daily stand-ups, end of sprint demonstrations and retrospectives
- Ability to communicate and understand complex ideas and participate in design discussions
- Ability to understand and contribute new code to an existing codebase
We work with lots of different technology, but we don’t expect you to know it all already. Skills in 1 or more of the following would definitely be an advantage:
- Windows Azure or other Cloud Technologies
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Source control with Subversion or Git
- Cross Platform Development
- Secure programming
- Windows or Apple OSX APIs
- Apple iOS or Android Development
- ASP.NET MVC or equivalent web framework
- Objective-C or Swift
- Qt Framework