QA (Testing) Manager
Want to join a friendly, talented team who invest in people, their skills, the working environment and was recently awarded an ‘Outstanding’ Best Companies accreditation for workplace engagement, as voted by its employees?
We can offer you the technical challenges, high standards and opportunity to make a difference to our product that you would expect from a leading EdTech company.
Successful candidates will take responsibility for managing the day-to-day operations of the QA team. They will be able to lead, coach and engage others, as well as promote a positive culture.
The QA team are part of the development team and are responsible for developing and maintaining all software products.
The current main product is Impero Education Pro which is a consolidated client/server based system which contains features such as Print Management, Power Management and Remote Control, however we are migrating this technology to a cloud based SaaS deliverable.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the QA Team.
- To identify and highlight best practices in QA through continuous assessment, feeding process and product recommendations to the CTO.
- To conduct performance appraisals for the team, identifying weaknesses, offering coaching, and mentoring in areas that require it.
- To ensure that excellent performance is acknowledged and reasons for success are shared amongst the team to the benefit of all.
- To communicate and be the focal point for the dissemination of information from management to the team and vice versa.
- To work with the Product Management Team & CTO to help create ongoing Product Roadmaps.
- To help manage external beta program and foster strong relationships with customers
- To conduct quality control checks and intercede if necessary, identifying and highlighting best practice for the development team.
- Providing support and technical help to mentor junior team members.
- Contribute creative input to the ongoing development process and to provide innovative solutions.
- Work to agreed schedules and timescales for product delivery.
- 5+ years commercial experience of software development
- Experience working in an Agile/ Scrum environment
- Experience of leading QA teams
- Good Debugging and Analysis Skills
- Ability to read and write technical documentation and participate in design discussions
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers
- Experience of Selenium Webdriver or similar test automation tools
- Have ability to evaluate risks prior to introducing new systems, products or processes
- Strong soft skills
We work with lots of different technology, but we don’t expect you to know it all already. Skills in 1 or more of the following would definitely be an advantage:
- Scripting experience
- Microsoft Active Directory Management
- Penetration Testing
- Jenkins Integration
- Windows Azure or other Cloud Technologies