Business Development Executive
Want to join a friendly, talented team who invest in people, their skills, the working environment and have recently been voted as an Outstanding company to work for by its employees?
This role is designed to support the sales team, and involves contacting prospective customers to establish/develop interest in the company’s market leading product, with the goal of booking appointments for the sales team. There is opportunity to progress into a sales role based on exceptional performance.
The role is mainly designed to support the company’s continued growth in the UK education market, and will involve contacting UK educational establishments with the aim of interest generation in our products.
- Generate qualified opportunities for the sales team from activities such as:
- Marketing campaign follow up
- Event attendee follow up
- Follow up of website and/or social media visitors
- General cold calling with a view to booking demos
- Ensure opportunities are recorded correctly in the CRM database and attributed to the correct campaign or event if relevant
- Data cleaning to ensure campaigns are as effective and cost efficient as possible
- Demonstrate the 4Cs company values
- Any other reasonable instruction from your manager or a member of the management team
This role is suitable for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with an aspiration longer term to work in a B2B sales position. Telephone experience is a bonus as you will be spending the majority of your day calling prospects to establish interest, and you will be comfortable with holding a conversation. You will not be phased or disheartened by being rejected multiple times a day, as persistence is vital in this kind of role. You will also be comfortable with working unsociable hours due to the US focus.
Previous experience in a B2B or education environment is useful but not essential, as you will receive training upon joining the company. You will have an understanding of technology and the ability to match the needs of various stakeholders with relevant benefits and outcomes of using our software.
The position would equally suit someone with an entrepreneurial spirit looking to prove themselves in sales and progress quickly.