The successful candidate will take responsibility for working as a Software Engineer – primarily focused on backend services and feature delivery – within an agile team to develop the company’s web-based applications in NodeJS.
Role Responsibilities –
- Work within a cross-functional software team to develop software using NodeJS and related technologies.
- Take responsibility for the quality and speed of your own work.
- Perform automated and manual testing on your own work.
- Assist other members of the engineering team where required.
- Experience of working in a distributed workforce in an agile development team.
- At least 5 years of commercial experience (or equivalent) in web application development spanning multiple projects.
- At least 4 years of experience with NodeJS
- Experience using Backbone.
- Experience building applications that use websockets.
- Experience with React.
- At least 4 years of experience of working with relational databases.
- At least 4 years of experience of using distributed source control management.
- At least 4 years of experience in writing automated tests.
- Understanding of programming, networking and information security principles.
- Enthusiasm for understanding technical ideas and explaining them clearly to other members of the team.
- A strong standard of spoken and written English.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- AWS Serverless Experience.
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Gitlab.
This is a full-time permanent position.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***