Business Development Manager
The role of the Business Development Manager is to work with the rest of the sales team and our reseller network to seek and secure new business, primarily in the Education sector in the Asia Pacific region, but also in other market sectors. The role will also involve the nurturing of a portfolio of current customers and the maximization of revenue opportunity with each of those customers. Your conversations will involve identifying and mitigating potential churn, educating customers
about the products in our portfolio, and ensuring customers are getting the most value out of the product(s) they’re using.
You must be detail-oriented, personable, and good at building rapport with customers over the phone. You must also be comfortable leading a demo on a video call, which entails sharing your screen, providing a technical demonstration, and answering questions about our products. You can schedule technical deep dives between your customer and one of our technical experts, but you will be expected to field general product questions and then schedule a follow up if needed.
The right candidate for this role has an entrepreneurial spirit and the hunger and drive to be successful. Your manager will be there to train and support you, but this candidate should be self-motivated to take care of their customers and drive revenue growth in their book of business each and every day without prompting. You will own the success of the customer through every interaction with other departments, such as Support for technical troubleshooting or Academy for Onboarding and Training. You will also partner with Marketing to create and send targeted messaging to your customers for webinars, virtual events, product announcements, etc. We are looking for someone who will bring creative ideas to this role, and someone who doesn’t shy away from having a quota. The ideal candidate naturally goes above and beyond and contributes to the team and to the company in ways beyond the specific job requirements.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through a combination of methods, including networking, trade shows,
social media and direct contact (phone or otherwise).
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections, following defined escalation processes.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance
- Identifying complimentary avenues to expand business footprint across education and beyond
- Attendance at events, exhibitions and trade shows where relevant
- Set up meetings with potential clients, positioning new products and services
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services
- Manage preparation of tenders and bid documents
- Collaborate, and share best practice with team members across the Company
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams i.e. product and marketing
- Clearly articulate benefits of services, business value propositions and associated product road map to existing and new clients
- Develop a core competency around all products and feel comfortable running effective customer-facing demonstrations on all products in our portfolio
- Secure customer renewal revenue
- Prospect for expansion opportunities within existing client list by promoting client(s) understanding of products and/or mitigating churn by coordinating migration for customers from existing products and services
- Identify, manage, and resolve customer concerns via collaboration with the support teams, act as an advocate for both the client and Impero to ensure expedient and appropriate resolutions
Execute regular account review sessions, and confidently build lasting relationships with your client portfolio
- Utilize proper and effective tools for planning and forecasting
- Accurately maintain and use sales tools to manage sales activities and progress on your accounts
- Maintain an accurate pipeline in CRM
- Consistently achieve established sales quotas for renewal and expansion in your client list
Attend regional or national events and onsite meetings as required (you will be the face of Impero)
- Work on a wide variety of tasks simultaneously, set goals, and meet deadlines
Required Skills/ experience/ qualifications:
- Clear and demonstrable track record of achieving and exceeding targeted sales
- Ability to run with new concepts and opportunities
- Experience of managing complex bid/tender processes desirable
- Clear commercial and entrepreneurial aptitude
- Experience in similar role highly desirable
- Knowledge or experience with computer networks desirable
- Saas sales experience desirable
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Ability to learn about products and demonstrate to clients
- Knowledge of educational and public sector markets desirable
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel desirable
- Both transactional and consultative sales skills, and a proactive approach is essential for this role.
- Hands-on experience with CRM software
This position is a full-time role based in Australia; either fully remote, or based in Canberra, ACT (part time work from home if desired).